Terms and Conditions
LAST UPDATED: March 2017
1. Career advice and assistance typically promotes change for you as the client. However, you dictate any change you choose to make in your life or career, on your terms.
2. All services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by PeopleHQ, as well as information set forth on this website are meant to help you identify the areas in your life and in your thinking that may be standing in your way. You understand and agree that you will not hold PeopleHQ liable for any of your career decisions that you make as a direct or indirect result of the programme you engage in with us. Moreover, career counselling is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please have the courage to seek the help you need in the form of a professional counsellor. If the career practitioner believes that you should seek medical help, he/she may refer you to another professional to assist you.
3. PeopleHQ, its employees, officers and agents do not accept any liability for the results of any action taken in reliance upon, based on or in connection with any documentation or the information provided in any workshop or counselling programme. PeopleHQ does not accept responsibility for the actions of any third party, or for the content of any third party website links, promotional material or information provided by it on behalf of any third party.
4. In providing career counselling, writing or coaching services to you, PeopleHQ undertakes to act professionally and ethically, and to:
a. hold strictly confidential all communications held with you, and all information that we receive from you during the course of our dealings;
b. work for you conscientiously. In return we request your full and timely co-operation to help us to assist you;
c. ensure we understand your expectations and are clear on how your needs will be met;
d. communicate with you throughout the counselling process.
4. As a PeopleHQ client, we will only communicate with you regarding career counselling, CV or coaching information unless you authorise us to communicate with anyone else (for example with a parent, caregiver or other sponsor).
5. PeopleHQ will invoice you at the rate agreed, either on a monthly basis, at the conclusion of career counselling, or after delivery of a group workshop, CV, or otherwise by agreement. Full payment is required within seven working days of the invoice date and can be made via Internet banking, cash or cheque. Late payments may incur extra administration fees at the discretion of PeopleHQ and any third party debt collection agency.
6. PeopleHQ carries out preliminary work to prepare for career counselling sessions. If you need to postpone and reschedule an individual appointment or group workshop, you must provide at least 48 hours notice. Where this notice is not given, PeopleHQ reserves the right to charge a $50 cancellation fee for missed or cancelled individual appointments, and 50% of the full price of group workshops.
7. Orders cancelled once works have commenced on CV’s, will be charged a cancellation fee of $50. Once full draft works are completed on a CV and distributed to the client for review, the client has one week to review changes and respond with any amendments. Clients that fail to respond following completion of draft works within one week of being sent the draft document for review, will be deemed to be satisfied with the work. Subsequently, files will be finalised and sent to the client, along with an invoice for the full cost.
8. PeopleHQ, its employees, officers and agents are not financial advisors and do not provide any financial advice. It is important that you seek your own financial advice before proceeding with any change in your circumstances.
9. All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in materials and information used or created by PeopleHQ in the course of providing career counselling services to you belong to PeopleHQ. PeopleHQ’s material and information must not be copied, modified, re-used or reproduced without PeopleHQ’s expressed consent.
a) As a gesture of good will, CV’s are provided to clients in an editable format once the draft documentation has been approved for final copy. PeopleHQ provides consent for the client only, to modify PeopleHQ’s copywrite document to benefit you and your career ongoing.
b) PeopleHQ does not provide permission of you to copy, modify or reproduce your editable file to benefit any other person (i.e. CV’s cannot be used as a template for another persons that has not engaged in our services).
10. Whilst we specialise in outstanding, well-presented and informative CV’s and professional interview coaching, we do not guarantee that you will gain employment as a direct result. There are many factors that govern whether a client whether clients are successful in their quest to obtain a new job, or which PeopleHQ cannot control or be responsible for.
10. PeopleHQ may elect to discontinue working with you at any time, at its discretion, with notice to you.
11. To the extent possible, PeopleHQ, its employees, officers and agents, disclaim all liability in respect of services provided to you including as may arise due to any errors and omissions contained in any documentation. Any liability for negligence, breach of contract and statutory duty is limited to the cost of the services you have purchased.
11. PeopleHQ’s relationship with you is governed by New Zealand law and New Zealand courts have nonexclusive jurisdiction.
12. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that provision is limited or eliminated to the minimum extent so that these terms otherwise remain in full effect. If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. If you are not satisfied with the services provided by PeopleHQ, we would like to understand your concerns and work to address these if possible. Please contact email@example.com.